Fairfield, Utah Real World Pistol Academy March 7-9, 2019 | The Farm Shooting Range
Real World Pistol Academy (Three Day, 24 hours)
This three-day pistol Academy was developed using decades of law enforcement, military and civilian experience and training. Based on our “Real World” experiences in our daily “off duty” carrying of a pistol for defense, and in our professional “on duty” lives, we have developed this academy to assist you in your preparation to use a pistol in a defensive life threatening deadly encounter.
DAY-1: Fundamentals, Fundamentals, Fundamentals! Our initial focus will be on core fundamental skills building with the use of a pistol for defensive purposes. Our professional staff will help you to become comfortable with the core fundamental skills of sight alignment, grip, stance, trigger press and the use of a holster. We will introduce you to modern handgun defensive fighting techniques, proper target acquisition and shot placement to effectively win an armed encounter.
DAY-2: “Set it up again!” Fast paced and physically demanding. Now that your core skills are
developed. You will be taught to draw faster, shoot more accurately, and fix common pistol
malfunctions in a safe an efficient manner. You will be doing many repetitions to build the necessary motor skills and muscle memory necessary to achieve those goals.
Day-3: Bringing it all together. This portion of the academy is designed to teach the proper use of a handgun specifically for “defensive” purposes during life threatening situations that occur in the “Real World.” You will master body positioning and draw stroke so you will quickly be able to get on target and use your pistol as a defensive weapon. You will understand using cover and concealment and effective shooting positions, including standing, kneeling, seated and prone. We will discuss proper gear selection and a survivor’s mindset in-depth. Knowing how YOU will react using YOUR gear is a direct response of your level of training.
The “Real World Pistol Academy” concludes with a shooting qualification test that must be
successfully passed in order receive certification from Nielsen Training & Consulting.
- A properly functioning handgun
- A proper fitting holster for that handgun
- At least 3 magazines for that handgun (5 recommended if using single stacked mags)
- 1200 rounds of ammunition minimum for that handgun
- Magazine Pouches for the magazines
- A proper fitting belt to support the holster and magazine pouches.
- Body armor if you would wear it while deploying a pistol
- Folding chair or regular to sit in for portions of the course
- Sharpie type pen for marking targets
- Pen and notepad for taking notes
- Hat or other head covering
- Gloves (recommended but not mandatory)
- Knee and elbow pads
- Eye and ear protection
- Footwear that you can stand in all day (boots are highly recommended)
- Sunscreen or raingear (as applicable) (The course will go rain or shine)
- Enough water supply to sustain you for the day
- A lunch or snack food (We will not have time to leave the range for lunch)If you need assistance with equipment please contact us.9 AM to 5 PM each day, at The Farm Training Center 800 S Thorpe Flats Rd, Fairfield, Utah 84013
Start date: March 07, 2019
End date: March 09, 2019
Start time: 09:00
End time: 17:00
Venue: The Farm Shooting Range
Directions: 800 S Thorpe Flats Rd, Fairfield, Utah 84013
Email: [email protected]
You may also like…
March 1, 2019 - March 3, 2019 $750.00 Expired