Orem, Utah | Low Light Fundamentals | Feb. 22 and 23, 2023 | Ready Gunner
Low Light Pistol Fundamentals (6 hours)
Instructor: Todd Nielsen
Even during the day, low light conditions still occur in areas like parking structures, public garages, or service corridors. Darkness significantly impacts your ability to clearly see objects, individuals, and potential threats. In a self-defense situation, the successful use of illumination will give you a critical advantage.
PREREQUISITE: Basic Handgun, Women’s Intro to Firearms or an equivalent course.
This course will provide you with the fundamentals of integrating a handheld or weapon-mounted light into your self-defense training and consists of two modules:
- Module 1 – Classroom
- Examples of various types of handheld and weapon-mounted lights
- Carry and deployment of lights
- Integrating the light into your firearm deployment
- Manipulating the light and pistol simultaneously
- Module 2 – Live Fire Practice
- Live fire practice to compare and evaluate the light deployment that works best for you
- Live fire practice under different lighting conditions and scenarios
- A handheld light (we strongly recommend your handheld light has a momentary tail cap switch)
- Weapon-mounted light is optional;
- Your EDC handgun and two extra magazines
- Pistol holster
- 200 rounds of ammunition
- Eye and ear protection
- Your EDC spare magazine carrier
- Extra magazines
- Pen and notebook
- Water and snacks to sustain you; (We will have a short break for lunch)
Our preferred flashlight is the M5 by Powertac:
When buying directly from Powertac, use the code NIELSEN for a 20% discount on your purchase!
NO LIVE AMMUNITION IS ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOM PORTION.
No night vision training is included in this course.